I have to work, I have to grocery shop, I have to cook dinner, cart kids to after school activities, clean laundry, the list goes on… I know you all feel me. I honestly don’t remember my mother needing to entertain me every second of the day.
I do remember playing outside, playing in my room, riding my bike around the neighborhood, or playing with my siblings or friends. I realize times have changed.
Trust me, there are things I did that I would never let my kids do- I really don’t care if I survived. All of that said, there are times I ask my kids to find something to do on their own.
Sometimes this means, I need to at least point them in the right direction. This is a list of go-to ways to entertain your kids.
10 ways to entertain kids
*for your convenience, there may be affiliate links throughout this post, so you can easily find the things i am showing you. by using these links, your pricing stays the same, but I earn a small commission. you can see my full disclosure here
1. Tangrams– the key here is to only take them out when you need a minute. That way they are something new, and exciting when you do take them out!
2. This cool colors and patterns busy bag | raising little super heroes
4. Read books or look at picture books- again the key is to have special books that you only take out at special times.
5. Toddler contact paper art | Teaching Mama
6. These free printable busy bags | coffee cups and crayons
7. Toddler dot to dot | What we do all day
8. Have them do homework- anything they don’t need help with. You can check after dinner is done, or do homework that needs to be done together at a different time.
9. Little spelling boxes | teach me mommy
10. Washi tape- I am always amazed by how entertained my kids are by tape. It’s tape, for crying out loud! But, it never fails, if they find a roll of tape, and I let them have at it (or not), they will tape everything they can think to tape. This book is awesome! Keeps the tape in one place, and let’s them feel productive! !
And, hey, if all else fails, you can always resort to the tv, ipad, or just hand ’em your phone. I won’t judge you… 😉
30+ pics to take of your kids every year!
By this time next year, your kids will be completely different. The only way I have found to freeze time is to take pictures. This is a great list to help you remember to photograph the things you want to remember forever!