October means most of us are all over fall activities, choosing our outfits for fall pictures, leaf crafts, taking pictures of Halloween costumes, and pumpkin carving! We love carving pumpkins, but it’s definitely a procedure with small children. Especially since everyone needs their own pumpkin in this house.
You can’t imagine how long it takes to “prep” 4 pumpkins for carving while 4 kids sit impatiently waiting for their turn. Of course, it does get easier as they get older, but coming up with fun things to do with pumpkins other than carve them is clutch!
fun things to do with pumpkins
other than carve them
*for your convenience, there may be affiliate links throughout this post, so you can easily find the things i am showing you. by using these links, your pricing stays the same, but i earn a small commission. you can see my full disclosure here
2. Melt crayons on them.
3. Use mod podge to decorate them with fall leaves.
4. Decorate them with fall washi tape.
5. Use a no carve pumpkin kit
5. Wrap them with gauze, and add googly eyes to make mummies.
6. Paint silly faces on them.
7. Decorate with fun Halloween stickers.
8. Glue designs in buttons on pumpkins.
9. Draw a design on the pumpkin, and use glow in the dark puffy paint to paint over the design.
10. Wrap pumpkins in white yarn and add plastic spiders to make them look like spider webs.
11. Paint your pumpkin with glue and sprinkle with glitter.
12. Use mod podge to make a picture collage on your pumpkin
13. Make a pirate pumpkin using an eye patch, sharpies, googly eyes, and sticky mustache.
14. Use foam stickers to make faces on pumpkins (these would be great for a pumpkin decorating party!!)
15. Use googly eyes with self-adhesive backs to make a googly eye monster pumpkin (just let your kiddo stick them all over the pumpkin!)
16. Paint on your pumpkins with fall stencils.
17. Line up several pumpkins with a face on the first one, and create a caterpillar pumpkin.
18. Use oil based permanent markers to draw designs on your pumpkin.
19. Decorate your pumpkin with Halloween ghost tacks (just be careful with tiny fingers!)
20. Drill holes, and let your little ones use Mr Potato Head pieces to create a silly pumpkin face.
21. Turn your pumpkin into a turkey with this fun kit!
Do you have an idea for a no carve pumpkins kids would love? Share it in the comments!
You may also like
busy, overwhelmed mom? There are FIFTY apps for that!
Life as a busy mom can be overwhelming. Keeping schedules under control, feeding your family, managing a budget, shopping, and so much more falls into our laps. These apps are life-changing!! And there are so many on this list, you be hard pressed to find several you aren't in dire need of!