Planners are kind of an obsession for me. Keeping important notes, and details in my phone happens, but being able to write things down on paper, and see it, is a must. Recently, I have been on the hunt for more things to add to my planner. I’ve got a mighty long list of things to include in your planner now! I have to laugh a little though, because most of these were things I already included, which pretty much solidifies my need to have a planner. If you’re interested in learning all about my most favorite planner ever for busy moms, you can read all about it in this post I wrote last year.
Over 30 things to include in
1. birthdays– all of the birthdays you want to keep track of should be in your planner!
2. contacts– important contacts that you are afraid of losing (I can’t tell you how many times I have read on facebook that someone lost all of their contacts when they lost their phone.)
3. gift ideas– keep a list of ideas for gifts throughout the year when you see/ think of a good idea for someone!
4. gift purchases– if you’re purchasing gifts throughout the year because there is a sale or because you are trying to spread out Christmas shopping, keep a list of what you have already purchased.
5. sporting events or activities– keeping track of all of your kids’ activities can be tough!
6. vacation ideas/ vacation bucket list– I have a thing for lists, but I’m also pretty good at losing those lists. Keep them in your planner so you can go back to them later.
7. meal planning– use your planner to help you determine which meals you will be making on which days of the week, and keep track of them.
8. lists of meals your family loves– every time I make something everyone loves, I think, “I have to remember this!” and then I don’t…unless I record it.
9. cleaning schedule– one of my goals for this year is to stay on top of things. Having a cleaning schedule has always been something I strive for but struggle to keep up with. Not this year!
10. water intake– if you’re at all trying to work on your health or weight, water intake is huge. Most of us know it, most of us fall short on the recommended intake.
11. Dr. appointments– pretty obvious, but if they don’t get added immediately, they get forgotten since these appointments are usually made far in advance.
12. bill due dates– we get a lot of bills online, rather than in the mail. Adding them to my planner helps to keep things in front of my face. I’m a hot mess, I need this.
13. savings goals/ tracker– financial goals are more “real” to me when I write them down.
14. budget– this is a huge one for me. I cannot for the life of me use a digital or online budget. I NEEEED a paper budget. It’s like people that need a book in their hands. I need to put pen, marker, pencil, whatevs to paper when it comes to writing, and sticking to a budget.
15. expense tracker– I’ll be honest, I have never kept an expense tracker before. This year, the happy planner budget pack came with an expense tracker, and I am absolutely using it.
16. passwords/ logins– I have mixed emotions about this one because I worry someone could find them, and use them against me. That said, there are some that I will keep in my planner.
17. work due dates– I keep track of due dates for blog posts, sessions, etc.
18. restaurants to try– much like the family dinner faves, restaurants are something I tend to think I will remember, and then I forget.
19. books– books I have read, books I want to read, books I am reading or listening to (since let’s be honest, I don’t always have time to read… though I wish I did)
20. movies to watch– we don’t go to the movies often, but we do stream a lot of movies on amazon prime (if you don’t have amazon prime, you can get a free 30 day trial here). I love the idea of having a list to choose from when we watch one!
21. netflix series– we are always on the hunt for a new netflix series! (If you’re looking for something to watch when the kids go to bed, check these out!)
22. inspirational quotes or affirmations– there is nothing better than being able to read something that lifts you up!
23. scripture– even better than affirmations, scripture that lifts you up, or speaks to you when you need it.
24. gratitude– things you are grateful for. Count your blessings everyday!
25. prayer list– keep a list of prayers. I love being able to look at my planner, and be reminded of those prayers.
26. daily to-do list– again, obvious. I like to write to-do lists, and cross things off as I finish them. When I write lists that aren’t in my planner, I lose them. I spend so much time rewriting lists, it’s dumb.
27. pictures– keep pictures in your planner so you can go back and look at your year as you’re going through it. Printed pictures are so much better than pictures on a screen.
28. pictures to take– if you haven’t already gotten it, grab your free list of 30 pictures to take of your kids every year! Add it to your planner, and add to the list! If you see your kids doing something you know they always do, and you want to remember, add it to your list! If you stop and think, “hey, I have ZERO pictures of myself with Jane!” add that to the list! Keep the list, and make sure you check off that list!
29. silly kid quotes– I don’t care how old your kids are, my guess is they say some things that make you laugh your butt off!! Before you go to bed at night, write them in your planner!!
30. grocery shopping list– keep your weekly shopping list in your planner. This will help you stick to a budget, and meal plan!
31. fitness goals/ tracker– keep your weight gain/ loss goals in your planner. If you plan to go to the gym a certain number of days keep track of that in your planner!
32. debt tracker– keep track of your debt, and how you are progressing!
33. packing lists– we travel quite a bit between hockey, and family trips. It never fails we forget at least one thing on every trip. AND on every trip, we think of something else we should be adding to our list of things to pack regularly.
That’s it! That’s all I’ve got. Is there anything you would add to this list of things to add to your planner? Let us know in the comments!!
You may also like
get free access to our resource library
enjoy instant access to all different kinds of resources and printables for embracing the perfect mess of life with kids with photo tips, easy DIYs, quick recipes, family travel, and a whole lot of mom life!