I’m all for a good self-improvement resolution. I may not always stick to them, but I love having goals for myself. This year, as I sit with my bored children over Christmas break, I have a few suggestions for New Year’s Resolutions them. I’m not saying they have to do every one of them, but I would be more than a little happy if they would each pick one or two.
20+ New Year’s Resolutions for
*there may be affiliate links throughout this post. by using these links, your pricing stays the same, but i earn a small commission. you can see my full disclosure here
- This year, I won’t lose my mind if you choose the wrong cup or plate for me.
- This year, I won’t eat every single snack you purchase the minute you walk through the door from grocery shopping, and then complain that there is nothing in the house to eat.
- This year, I won’t use the phone touching your ear as a signal to strike up a conversation about minecraft.
- This year, I’m going to learn how to play by myself or with my siblings, instead of asking you entertain me every second of the day.
- This year, when you close the door to the bathroom, I’m going to let you pee in peace.
- This year, I’m going to lift the toilet seat before I pee.
- This year, I won’t use every piece of furniture on our house as a spring to jump to the next piece of furniture.
- This year, I will wait until the sun is up to get out of my bed.
- This year, I’m going to take my trash and toys out of the van when we get home. So we don’t have to deal with this.
- This year, when I see you’re on your last piece of *insert any amazing food* I won’t throw my body on the floor and demand I am starving.
- This year, I’m going to learn how to tie my shoes.
- This year, I will learn how to wipe my own butt.
- This year, I will learn how to put my shoes away so that I can find both of them when it’s time to walk out the door.
- This year, I will not break the momentary silence in our house with random shrieks because I am bored, and uncomfortable with silence.
- This year, my towel will make it back to the bathroom hook, after I shower.
- This year, I won’t fight taking a shower- every single night. I realize I need to bathe.
- This year, I won’t tattle on the other wild things because they breathed funny, and I heard it, and it annoyed me.
- This year, I won’t leave a mess on the kitchen counter, every single time I pour myself a drink.
- This year, I won’t make you tuck me in 52 times every night.
- This year, I won’t ask for a snack every single time we go to the store for anything. Regardless of when I last ate.
- This year, I will not walk through the house like an elephant, I can see why this would confuse you since none of my clothes fit me unless they have an adjustable waist.
- This year, I won’t touch everything that belongs to you, just because it because it belongs to you.
- This year, I won’t force you to make a special dinner for me every night because the chicken is the wrong shape, ketchup doesn’t taste right with the prepared meal, or the wrong foods touched each other.
- This year, I won’t refuse to wear the clothes you bought me because a piece of thread the size of a pinhead is in the wrong spot causing me to be itchy.
- This year, I won’t decide I have to poop every time we are out in public.
Let’s start 2017 off with a bang, and pick a few. How ’bout it, wild things?? Even if they only last a couple of weeks, it’s a step in the right direction!
PS- I’ll still love you even if you don’t– and you drive me crazy.. every. day…. 😉
Ok, mamas, your turn– Do you have a suggestion for your kids?
come hang out with me!!
and don’t forget to subscribe if you haven’t already to get YOUR FREE 14 page ebook– 10 photo projects for ANYONE with ANY camera!!!
you may also like
get free access to our resource library
enjoy instant access to all different kinds of resources and printables for embracing the perfect mess of life with kids with photo tips, easy DIYs, quick recipes, family travel, and a whole lot of mom life!