There are 5 photo apps for moms that I love, and we are always carrying our phones around taking pictures of our kids. I recognize the need and desire for a “big, fancy camera” I make my living with one! And, if I stopped taking clients tomorrow, I would still need all of these things in my camera bag! But since we almost always have our phones with us, these days, here are some of my favorite photo apps for moms!! After you’re done reading these, you might want some tips for taking better pictures with your phone, that don’t necessarily include apps!
*for your convenience, there may be affiliate links throughout this post, so you can easily find the things i am showing you. by using these links, your pricing stays the same, but i earn a small commission. you can see my full disclosure here
I love these apps, but every now and then it’s fun to have a little phone swag too! I added these to the ways to take better smartphone pictures post, but since I know many of you may not have seen that, I would add them here too. So, just for fun, here a couple of phone swag suggestions, 😉
- lens cleaner– see tip number 1
- a selfie stick
- a waterproof phone case– for underwater photography!
- additional lenses like these!!
1. camera+ (2.99) – This iOS app gives you incredible control over your images, while you’re taking the picture. You can touch right on the screen, and let your camera know where you want focus, AND touch separately for exposure. The lab is equally incredible with it’s cropping, clarity adjustments, exposure adjustments, and more. If you like having control of your camera, and not letting it make all of the decisions, this is the app for you!
2. pictapgo (1.99)– Another iOS app. This is my my used photo app. I literally do not post a picture that has not been run through pictapgo first. You can be super creative with filters, or just tweak your photo. The edits are all layered so you can adjust the strength of each filter or adjustment. You can save recipes that you use consistently. The cropping tool is super easy, and user friendly. also, it allows you to post your images on instagram (come follow me if you don’t already!!) and you don’t have to crop!! it will add a white border to make the image square or you can crop it as a square. love this app!!
3. big lens– Just for fun, this app allows you to apply filters that make it appear as if you have a lens with a wide aperture right on your camera. I don’t like to use a ton of filters on my images, but I do like to add a little depth to my images once in a while, specifically when I have a busy background I would rather not take away from the subject.
4. diptic (.99)– Occasionally, I will add post an image that is more than one shot in the same image. I love this app for creating collages, and it couldn’t be easier to share on instagram, facebook, or twitter.
5. SlowShutter (.99)– Another iOS one just for fun!! This allows you to slow your phone’s shutter speed down and create some cool effects. Every now and then, a blurry picture is gives your image a little something extra!! You could do some really cool things at night with this app. Fun!
Have you tried any of these?? I would love to know if you like them or if you have any other favorites. Leave a comment and share with us all!!
do you follow me?? if not, come on!!! it’ll be fun!
and don’t forget to subscribe if you haven’t already to get YOUR FREE 14 page ebook- 10 photo projects for ANYONE with ANY camera!!!
You may also like
stop avoiding your camera!!
subscribe and gain access to our exclusive facebook group! get tips and tricks for photographing your kids!! plus, hang out with some awesome mamas who just want to take pics of their families!