That said, I am always on a mission to be more organized. Knowing how to organize with baskets is crucial to my survival. Haha! I love baskets, and I love that most of them hide the junk inside.
I don’t like being able to see papers, and other random things, even if they are organized. It looks messy to me. I have enough mess in my house, trust me- I don’t need to add anymore.
how to organize with baskets
*for your convenience, there may be affiliate links throughout this post, so you can easily find the things i am showing you. by using these links, your pricing stays the same, but i earn a small commission. you can see my full disclosure here
1. Hang tags on them to personalize them, and use them to hold random items you find around the house that belong to your kids (and need to be put away).
2. Hang them in your kitchen to hold fruit.
3. Use them in your bathroom to hold cosmetics, hand towels, extra towels, extra toilet paper, or pretty much anything else. Our bathroom has very little storage. Adding baskets has helped!
4. Use them in your pantry to organize snacks instead of leaving snacks in the boxes they came in. This one trick has helped me in a couple of ways. I always know when we are running low on snacks, and need to replenish. And since the kids never throw away the empty boxes, I’m not constantly annoyed when I notice yet another empty box!
5. Keep a large basket in your living room to hold throw blankets and extra throw pillows.
6. Set one by the door in the winter to hold hats and gloves. That way you’ll always know where they are. The only downside to this is if you have young children, you may end up with hats and gloves all over the house. On the other hand, if you have a little one that can’t go far, this may give you something to entertain them! 😉
7. Use them to organize your refrigerator. It’s funny because I decided to do this maybe a year ago. I have absolutely no idea how my refrigerator functioned properly before this. (you can actually get these baskets or similar ones at the Dollar Store. You can find a whole list of things you should never spend more than a dollar on- here!)
8. Turn them on their sides, and hang them on the wall to make shelves.
9. Organize your linen closet with baskets.
10. Hang small baskets with handles on them, on your coat rack to hold keys, and other items you need when you are walking out the door, instead of just laying that stuff on the kitchen counter or front door table. <<< My BIGGEST pet peeve, and always an issue in our house!
Your turn– what’s your best tip for organizing your home?
you may also enjoy
Ditch the clutter with this list of 40+ things to toss today!
Getting organized often means getting rid of the clutter, and this list will help you get started! Plus, stay in touch for more tips on all things mom-life!