Autumn is just about everyone’s favorite time for pictures. The color changes, and the cute accessories just lend themselves to pictures. At the beginning of summer, I shared a list of pictures to capture during the summer. Well, the first day of fall was just a few days ago, and I thought you might all like a follow up to that list with pictures to take in the fall. The best thing about this list is that it doubles as a list of fun fall activities for families!
25 fun fall activities for families
*for your convenience, there may be affiliate links throughout this post, so you can easily find the things i am showing you. by using these links, your pricing stays the same, but I earn a small commission. you can see my full disclosure here
1. Throw leaves
3. Carve pumpkins- or don’t here is a list of no carve pumpkin ideas!
4. Dress up in Halloween costumes– of course (this little guy was all dressed up for our first Halloween camping weekend)
5. Play or watch football (here are some tips for taking pictures of your kids playing sports!!)
6. Get lost in a corn maze
7. Pick out a pumpkin
8. Go apple picking
9. Go on a hike (Here are some tips for hiking with kids)
10. Make a leaf pile and roll in it (Check out this post on fun leaf crafts for kids).
11. Go on a hay ride
12. Get silly in a corn box
13. Make a maze with leaves
14. Collect fall nature treasures
15. Get crafty with something fall themed!
16. Get spooked by a haunted house (age-appropriate, of course!)
17. Keep a jar of things you are thankful for throughout the month of November, read them on to each other on Thanksgiving Day.
18. Watch a movie outside
20. Learn about leaves and colors, different kinds of trees, or just look for the biggest leaf you can find!
21. Visit a petting zoo
22. Go to your school’s homecoming bonfire
23. Explore a covered bridge
24. Bake and eat, all the pumpkin flavored goodies you can!
25. Take a camping trip in the fall (you can read all about ours here!)
30+ pics to take of your kids every year!
By this time next year, your kids will be completely different. The only way I have found to freeze time is to take pictures. This is a great list to help you remember to photograph the things you want to remember forever!