Hey there!! It’s hump day, which means the work week is almost over! It also means I’ve already been late to one hockey game and 3 soccer games, made several meals, ran around like a chicken with my head cut off only to have my kids miss the bus, AND drank my weight in coffee. It’s all good though because it’s HUMP DAYYY!! Also, I updated my iphone, and it makes me laugh a lot, so there’s that too. (If you haven’t updated, do it!! So fun!)
So, the real reason for this post is paper dolls!! I love how I decide I am going to do something and it turns into something entirely different. My hope for today was to find a photo project that I could do with wild thing #4 and her buddy, but it turned out to be a project for myself that they could have fun with afterwards. This project was insanely easy, and took minimal effort. One more thing- I ONLY used my iphone for this project– including the blog pictures. If you’re interested in learning how to use your phone for pictures, here are some tips for you.
DIY paper dolls photo craft
**there may be affiliate links throughout this post. by using these links, your pricing stays the same, but i may earn a small commission
- Take a picture of your wild thing up against a relatively plain background with their arms and legs spread apart.
- Print your pictures on the white cardstock
- Cut them out leaving only a small amount of the background
- Glue them to cardboard (I used gift boxes)
- Once they are dry, cut all of the remaining background, leaving just the person.
- Cut their arms and legs off (looks totally creepy, doesn’t it??!)
- Cover body and limbs with contact paper to make them last longer, and cut them out again.
- Punch holes in the tops of the arms and legs, and on the body.
- Attach limbs with brass fasteners.
- Have fun!I love the way these turned out, and I am so excited to make the whole family. Also, I maybe getting ahead of myself (with all the extra time I don’t actually have) but I can’t help but think how fun it would be to add clothes!! You know, take pictures of HER clothes that she can dress her dolls with! How cool would that be??!!
come hang out with me!!
and don’t forget to subscribe if you haven’t already to get YOUR FREE 14 page ebook– 10 photo projects for ANYONE with ANY camera!!!
You may also like
stop avoiding your camera!!
subscribe and gain access to our exclusive facebook group! get tips and tricks for photographing your kids!! plus, hang out with some awesome mamas who just want to take pics of their families!