DIY fairy wands
*for your convenience, there may be affiliate links throughout this post, so you can easily find the things i am showing you. by using these links, your pricing stays the same, but i earn a small commission. you can see my full disclosure here
- Metal cookie cutters (we used heart shaped ones, but you could do any shape!)
- translucent pony beads
- wooden dowels
- Glue Gun
- Glue Sticks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and set your metal cookie cutters on the cookie sheet. You only need one for each wand.
- Fill the cookie cutters a little less than halfway with pony beads. I had originally thought that I should just do one layer of the beads, and wild thing #4 decided to start pouring them in. I let her run with it, and when I pulled the hearts out of the oven, I realized this was a smart decision because the beads really melt down a lot.
- Put them in the oven, for about 10 minutes until the beads are all melted down, and together.
- Let cool completely.
- Pop the hearts, or whatever shape you have, out of the cookie cutters.
- Hot glue a dowel to the back of the heart, and glue a gem on the front (that part is optional!)
I was so pleasantly surprised by the ease of this project. Wild thing #4 is so happy with the end result too. It was such a neat thing to make! Wild thing #3 actually wants his own wizard’s wand now, so we will be making a few with stars instead of hearts.
Tell me, do you spend a lot of time doing crafts with your kids?
you may also enjoy
stop avoiding your camera!!
subscribe and gain access to our exclusive facebook group! get tips and tricks for photographing your kids!! plus, hang out with some awesome mamas who just want to take pics of their families!