Stuffing Easter baskets is one of my favorite things to do. It’s so much fun finding little creative things to fill them with. Candy is definitely one filler we use, but we don’t tend to go crazy with it. I would rather find things that the kids could enjoy for more than a couple of days.
It’s also a good time for me to replenish outdoor, and summer toys! Plus, you don’t even have to leave the house to go shopping, and I am all over some online shopping. I hope you find something fun in this list of creative Easter basket ideas. I did a lot of digging, and searching for you, so I hope this list helps make your life a little easier!
Creative Easter Basket Ideas
*for your convenience, there may be affiliate links throughout this post, so you can easily find the things i am showing you. by using these links, your pricing stays the same, but i earn a small commission. you can see my full disclosure here
Creative Easter Basket Ideas (birth- 2)
- wubbanub bunny pacifier holder- adorable, right??!!
- Minnetonka Velcro Strap Boots- who says everything in an Easter basket has to be a toy or candy?
- Classic baby beads wood rattle- I love a wooden baby toy!
- Aiden and Anais Bandana Bib- I am a huge aiden and anais fan. I wish these bibs were around when my boys were babies.
- Rabbit Push Toy- because seriously this is just so stinking adorable!
- Llama Llama Easter Egg Board Book– Llama llama books are the best, and this one is perfect for Easter.
- Rainbow Bunny- so stinking cute!
- Tervis sippy cup– I happen to have a little bit of an obsession with tervis cups. These sippy cups are great!
- Nuby mash and feed bowl and spoon– who says Easter basket treats have to be toys?!!
Creative Easter Basket Ideas (3-5 years old)
- Roy G Biv Kaleidoscope- kids love kaleidoscopes, and you hardly ever see them anymore.
- At the zoo, reusable sticker tote– perfect for car rides, or going out to eat.
- Crayola Washable Paints– my kids LOVE these, and they make bath time super fun!
- Jar of Beads– Just think how much fun these would be, plus perfect for fine motor development.
- Snap together beads– Similar to the above, but these snap together, which I think is way cool!!
- Wooden Nesting Egg Set– I love getting the kids toys that are put away at the end of a holiday, and then taken out again the next year! That always makes them more exciting!
- Mr Sketch Fun Factory Marker Set– markers are usually on my list of go to Easter basket goodies, but these are even more fun since they smell, and they remind me of elementary school!
- Mini Mermaid Kit– these are the perfect size for an Easter basket stuffer, and they are the cutest!
- Left Right Crayons- what a great set of crayons for chubby, little hands.
- Play doh Starter Set– I am a fan of the basic play doh tools, this is a great starter set.
- Chalkie Chalk- what a cool twist on regular chalk
- Water Arcade Game- little games like this make great take-alongs when you’re headed out to eat, or need to sit still for a little while.
- Melissa & Doug Sandbox Molding Tools– every year, we need to replenish our sand toys. We always end up losing a few, or breaking a few. These are so cute, and perfect for the sandbox, or the beach!
- Color the Galaxy inflatable ball– I love when gross motor and fine motor play meet. This is adorable!
- Little Live Pets Mouse– this isn’t something I would typically choose, if my kids hadn’t requested it first. But this weekend, I got to see one “in action” and it was really cute, and the price isn’t bad either!
Creative Easter Basket Ideas (6-8)
- Spinny Speller- what a fun way to practice spelling little words.
- Bubble Copter– I’m not sure why other than the temperature change that happens every year around Easter (that sends us outside more!), but I love putting bubbles into the kids Easter baskets! This looks like it would be a blast, and I LOVE Super Miracle bubbles!
- Create your own indie bangles– I love making stuff like this that you can actually use afterwards. What little girl doesn’t love stuff like this? Plus, it would be a cool craft to make as a gift too.
- Travel Spirograph- I remember having so much fun with these when I was younger.
- Funny Farm Giant Coloring Poster- this would take forever to color, and I love the idea of hanging it on the wall in my boys’ bedroom, and letting them color it when they have the urge to be creative. It would be super cool to have it be a community effort, and let your friends color too!
- Stitchin’ Time Kids Needlepoint Kit
- Emoji Pool Float– ok, so I know, it’s a poop float, but all 4 of my kids would think this was hilarious. Plus, you get the point, pool floats are great Easter basket stuffers!
- Diggin’ Active Dodge Tag– this was actually in wild thing #1’s Easter basket last year. The kids LOVE it! We have even turned it into a fun trampoline game.
- Handmade wooden tic-tac-toe– my kids love tic-tac-toe. Every one of them will play it if we are stuck in the car, or waiting at a restaurant. This is so cute!
- Mini Whale Piggy Bank– It’s tiny enough to fit in an Easter basket, and a great way to teach your kids about saving money!
Creative Easter Basket Ideas (9 and up)
- Magnetic Hangman- Not only is this an awesome way to feed your kids’ brains, it’s the perfect road trip toy!
- Make your own mermaid doll kit– seriously, is this thing cute or what?
- Washi Tape– it may seem silly, but you can do so many cool things with washi tape! It’s the perfect Easter basket goodie for you creative kiddo!
- Hockey Tape– while I’m mentioning tape, I wouldn’t be much of a hockey mom if I didn’t mention hockey tape. This set is perfect because there is clear tape, and white and black tape since you can’t use the clear tape for your stick, and the clear stuff is better for taping socks!
- iphone 2-in-1 pocket lens– of course, your kiddo would need to be old enough to have a phone, but this is a super fun, and relatively cheap techie goodie!
- Mini Umbrella– you know what they say- April showers bring May flowers! This is the cutest little umbrella, and would fit perfectly into an Easter basket.
- Travel Scavenger Hunt Card Game– in case you hadn’t noticed, I’m all about anything that will make a road trip better. These cards are perfect!
- Rubix Cube– did you know these things are making a comeback??
- Mist Water Bottle– the boys got these a few years ago, and they love them. Plus, it encourages them to drink water since they obviously don’t want to mist themselves with a sugary drink!
- Drawstring bag -these are the perfect bags to pack when the kids are headed to a friend’s house, on a road trip, or really any other time you need to take a few things with you. You can get pretty much any team you can think of here!
- Little Box of Happiness Word Magnets– I love that these are the same idea as letter magnets, but with words instead. What a cool way to get older kids to play with words.
- Magic 8 ball– I had one, and now the oldest kid has one, and we all play with it!
As much as I love filling Easter baskets, I am not always on top of things, and that leaves me trying to come up with ideas while I am shopping. That doesn’t always work out so well. Hopefully, this is a nice resource for you to find some creative Easter basket ideas that aren’t candy!!
Your turn– Do you fill Easter baskets with lots of candy, or other goodies? Do you have anything to add to this list? Please share it in the comments!
you may also enjoy
30+ pics to take of your kids every year!
By this time next year, your kids will be completely different. The only way I have found to freeze time is to take pictures. This is a great list to help you remember to photograph the things you want to remember forever!