Welcome!! I’m just sittin’ here getting ready to type out all this awesome information for you. My two youngest are sitting right in front of me screaming,”doo doo castle! doo doo castle!” I have no idea what that means, and I’m not sure i really want to. It’s going to take me a while to get this all typed out. “doo doo castle! doo doo castle!” is a little distracting. Isn’t it?? At they’re laughing at each other.
So, you’re looking for a new camera or at least you’re thinking about it??
If you’re considering going the point and shoot route, there is absolutely no shame in that! You may be wondering which one to get though. I’ve done some research on them, and found 5 point and shoot cameras worth checking out! While i can’t say that i have used each of these cameras, I will say that I have done some digging and i genuinely believe these cameras would be a good choice for anyone looking for a point and shoot! All of these point and shoot cameras were chosen with size in mind. The idea is to be able to shove that little camera in your pocket, diaper bag, purse, whatever!! They also all have rechargeable batteries because having to worry about purchasing new batteries every time your camera runs out is a pain, and no one wants to deal with that. If you already have a point and shoot- here are 5 secrets to better pictures with a point and shoot camera.
5 point and shoot cameras worth
**there may be affiliate links throughout this post. by using this links, your pricing stays the same, but i may earn a small commission
- Canon powershot sx610 HS– this little camera is a reasonable price, has some really fun settings, is wifi capable, has a great optical zoom, claims to work great in lower lighting settings which eliminates always turning on the flash, and takes video. It looks like a great beginner camera with loads of settings that will make things easy enough for anyone to take some great shots!
- Nikon Coolpix p7000– reviews go either way with this one. This is the camera that I have, and it is a little on the pricier side. The reason I chose this camera is because I wanted the option to put my camera into manual mode. This camera has a great lens that allows me to open my aperture to 2.8, and choose my settings, or put my camera into auto mode and hand it over to my 5 year old if i want to. It also allows you to shoot RAW files which many point and shoots don’t. This is not a necessity for most amateur photographers, but it’s worth noting. It also allows me to take HD video. I absolutely love it, and I’m a little shocked at the negative reviews.
- Olympus tough waterproof digital– this camera is the perfect camera for anyone that wants to take their camera outdoors. There are some complaints about it’s capabilities in low light settings- probably not an issue for most outdoor activities, and I read some reviews that had nothing but good stuff to say. It’s waterproof and shatterproof. Who doesn’t worry that their kid’s going to chuck their camera at some point? I can’t be the only one. Or that it will end up in some body of water. It’s small, it’s versatile, it’s wifi compatible, heck, it even has GPS, AND it has a flip screen for selfies. Pretty cool stuff here!
- Sony DSCHX80/B high zoom point & shoot camera– another small camera that allows you to shoot in manual mode! This one also boasts great quality low light images, and it is selfie ready. You may wonder why i even add that distinction. I happen to have very few pictures of myself with my children. When they are older, I’m fairly certain they will be upset about this. Do yourself, and your kids a favor and get in the shots!
- Nikon DL premium compact camera with 18-50mm f/1.8-2.8 lens– this one has the highest price point and isn’t even released yet, it’s available for preorder though, and I am telling you I’m drooling over this one. d-r-o-o-l-i-n-g a point and shoot that allows you to shoot at a 1.8, in manual mode, and it’s tiny!! I have this thing where buy random cameras every couple of years. I own a gopro hero4 silver, my p7000, and all these other goodies in my bag. I need this camera. It is on my list!do you have a point and shoot that you love? let us know what model it is, and why you love it in the comments!!xoxo,
do you follow me??
if not, come on!!! it’ll be fun!
and don’t forget to subscribe if you haven’t already to get YOUR FREE 14 page ebook– 10 photo projects for ANYONE with ANY camera!!!
You may also like
stop avoiding your camera!!
subscribe and gain access to our exclusive facebook group! get tips and tricks for photographing your kids!! plus, hang out with some awesome mamas who just want to take pics of their families!